Strike at Carl Zeiss Factory in Portugal
CARL ZEISS workers went on a strike from 31st of December 2020 until the 4th of January 2021. They fight to defend the current normal working period, from Monday to Friday, and reject the employer’s imposition for continuous work from 2 January 2021.
In addition to defending the normal working period, the reasons for the struggle also extend to the:
- Defense of the right to collective bargaining and negotiation for 2021;
- Integration of the workforce of all workers in temporary work companies that perform permanent functions at Carl Zeiss;
- Requirement to comply with maternity and paternity rights;
- Rejection of psychological pressure and harassment at work;
- Conducting tests for COVID-19, for all workers through the company’s occupational health services